COVID-19 Health & Safety
HEALTH AND SAFETY AT PALACIO PROVINCIAL
We have been getting ready to welcome you to Palacio Provincial! We want to be part of your next adventure and we want you to be able to relax on the escape you deserve.
COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
Our team is ready to welcome you back, following all safety and hygiene procedures, and with our Health and Safety initiatives implemented for your arrival. Some details upon check-in:
- Our security staff will conduct non-invasive temperature checks on all hotel entry points to guests, visitors, and employees.
- Each guest will be greeted by the Front Desk clerk through a shield, and will receive all details of our safety protocols.
- All guests will receive a form from the Department of Tourism to be filled out.
- Guests are required to use face masks whenever possible, if they do not have one, we will gladly provide one.
- All room keys will be properly sanitized before handed to the guest.
- All luggage and luggage carts will be disinfected.
- All available room services will be explained to the guest, as well as the cleaning protocol where the guest will establish a cleaning service schedule.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and common areas. Also, there will be health and hygiene reminders throughout the property, including employee areas, with reminders of the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of masks, correct physical distance reminders, and proper hygiene practices.
Following CDC and local health authority guidelines, guests and employees will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from groups of people. not traveling with them while: standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. The back of the house will implement proper distancing protocols as well in the employee dining room, training rooms, and other high-traffic areas.
Throughout the hotel, we will meet state and local health authority guidelines on proper social distancing and correct signage will be posted reminding of this and explaining the current procedures:
- Elevators: No more than two (2) people or family group/guests traveling together will be permitted at a time per elevator.
- Queueing: Any area where guests have to form a line, like Front Desk, elevators, dining services, taxi waiting area, etc. will be clearly marked for appropriate distancing.
- Hotel Services: Front Desk, Business Center and Concierge Agents will be located at least six feet from each other and guests will be assisted through a sneeze guard glass.
- Hotel Outlets: All hotel restaurants, pool, and meeting spaces will comply with local or state mandated occupancy limits.
- Seating Arrangements: Restaurant tables and other seating areas will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing.
Our cleaning and sanitizing procedures have always been key, but now more than ever, we have updated all protocols to follow health guidelines for an effective sanitization program. We use cleaning products which meet EPA guidelines and are effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and blood borne pathogens.
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces, like counters, elevators, door handles, rails, room keys, locks, ATM’s, all gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas. Also, back of the house areas with high employee traffic, as well as shared equipment will also be sanitized before, during and after each shift.
HOUSEKEEPING: GUEST ROOM CLEANING AND SANITIZING
Housekeeping services will be offered upon a cleaning scheduled coordinated with Front Desk, following physical distancing protocols. If a guest is still in the room when the attendant is scheduled to clean, they will offer to return at an alternative time.
Optimum cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with emphasis on high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seat and handle, door and furniture handles, water faucet, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, drape hooks, luggage racks and flooring.
Cart, trolleys and all housekeeping equipment will be sanitized at the start and end of each shift. All reusable collateral will be removed from rooms, or provided as single use items. Extra pillows and blankets stored in closet, will be removed and available upon request. All bed linen and laundry will be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry area.
In the event of a suspected case of COVID-19, the guest room will be removed from service and quarantined; It will not be returned to service until an enhanced sanitization protocol by a licensed third-party is conducted.
OUT AND ABOUT:
During this period, and following the latest government regulations, several tour operators might not be available, but you will still be able to explore places within walking distance and enjoy activities while in San Juan. Many of the popular nearby restaurants are open and operating with the same safety precautions for your benefit.
Here we share a few, for more information you can contact us at email@example.com
- Kayak or Paddle boarding in Condado Lagoon
- Old San Juan sightseeing
- Bahía Beach Golf Course
- Ron Barrilito, Rum distillery
- Mall of San Juan
Please remember Island-wide curfew is in effect. Visit the Puerto Rico Tourism Company Page to read more about their Health and Safety Destination Program.
There is much to look forward to, and nothing better than to start planning.